Thursday, November 6, 2008

Audition Feedback

After a misty morning spent domestically, running errands with M, I returned home to find a great voicemail: Audition feedback.

I love audition feedback. I wish they would mail me their notes of what they thought. I love feedback, especially from a strange situation such as an audition. And the more specific, the better.

It was the director himself (someone inspirational to me), calling to thank me for auditioning, that it was good to see me, that he's a big fan of my work. He hoped that I would audition for the playhouse again, and then told me that he had a specific type in mind for the role- and since several talented people of that type auditioned, he decided not to give me a callback.

Which is perfect. It could not have gone any better.

I gave a good audition, but still learned how to give a better audition. I got great feedback, and praise for my work. I wasn't sure how I'd be able to schedule the evening rehearsal schedule around work at the restaurant and class: and now I won't have that conflict, I can concentrate more fully on training my technique and my physique.

I'm really happy. Today was good.

No comments: